Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vision Direct

In my experience, shopping with Vision Direct is a real hit-or-miss kind of thing. The first time I ordered contacts from them, I paid for the three day shipping. Two weeks later, after calling and ripping the useless phone center representative a new one, my contacts finally arrived. The excuse for the delay? Supposedly, my contacts were on backorder. Okay, fair enough, but shouldn't the website have stated that when I ordered them? And shouldn't I have been notified shortly after I ordered that there would be a delay?

The second time I ordered contacts from Vision Direct, they arrived in four days. That time, I paid for the standard 7-10 day shipping.

This last time around I ordered contacts and paid for overnight shipping. Four days later I'm notified via email that my order has been canceled, due to an issue with my prescription.

Like I said, Vision Direct is a hit or miss type of company. Buyer beware -- shop elsewhere if you need your contacts immediately!