Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Zzz, wedding favors, Zzz

You know, my poor sleep (going to bed late, waking up in the middle of the night, getting up early with the kids, napping during the day) didn’t start after having kids. It started after working from home.

When our daughter was born, I worked second shift, as did my husband. It was easy to keep our daughter on a schedule with us.
After our son was born, I learned very quickly to sleep when he slept. I coordinated the kids’ nap times so that Ryan was going down for a nap not long after Alyssa was waking up, and she was going down for her nap when Ryan was taking his second. At night, Ryan would go to bed by 9, and Alyssa would be bed at 10.

Nowadays, the problem isn’t getting the kids to nap and sleep at night, but getting myself to sleep. After they go to sleep, I all too often take advantage of the quiet to do my writing and research on wedding favors or whatever else I need to look up ezinearticles.com about. Like now. It’s 3am and I’m working. The kids will be up at 10. *cry*

No comments: