Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Will you DIY or Buy?

                         
With the ever popular Pinterest at our fingertips it seems DIY projects, crafts, beauty regimen and even Christmas gifts are an endless supply. I don't know about you but most of the gifts I'm giving this year will be homemade  Is that necessarily a bad thing? I don't think so. In fact, I think it means more to give/receive homemade gifts. I even make my own wrapping paper! (Or at least I'm going to try but that is a whole other story)

Of course making gifts for girlfriends, boyfriends, grandparents, siblings and parents are "easy" because they love everything, or at least they are "supposed" to that you give them. However, when it comes to gifts for kids it's a different story, at least that's what I discovered.

So I gave my nephew a homemade gift for his birthday, which was about a month ago. Well turns out he didn't like it! I almost cried! I was actually super embarrassed  So, when it comes to him I will buy. I'm already planning on getting him a baseball card pack, a really cool one so I he thinks I'm cool again. I don't want to be known as the aunt that sends a bunny costume (name that movie).


I know the holidays, and birthdays for that matter, aren't all about the gifts. But being an aunt, you will totally understand if you are one, you want to impress and make your little nieces and nephews happy (plus you want to spoil them a little)! And the moral of the story is, know to DIY and who to buy for.

No comments: